Senior Content Manager (M/F/D)
Location: Remote (+/- 5 hours from CET) or Berlin
Starting Date: ASAP
Joining GraphCMS means joining an innovative and passionate team working to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by over 40,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide, and is the strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery and Shure.
GraphCMS offers a dynamic workplace where teams are encouraged to be creative when solving problems and are excited to continue their professional development.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the marketing team are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack. At GraphCMS you will be part of a vibrant community.
As a Senior Content Manager you will take ownership of the content planning, roadmap, and execution at GraphCMS. As we create a balance of commercial and developer centric content, you would closely collaborate with the Developer Relations and Sales teams as well.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will work in the intersection between our Commercial Marketing and Developer Relations team. You will have complete control and full support over establishing the short term tactics and long term strategy for our content roadmap as we strive towards retaining and growing Organic/Inbound as our strongest channels going forward.
Some of the things you will be working on include:
Research: You’ll be in charge of keyword and topic research within our space to identify opportunities for us to create or improve content in a relevant manner.
Content creation: You will closely work with the wider Marketing and Developer Relations team to contribute to the content roadmap. We create a wide range of freely accessible content (blog, academy, guides, docs, tutorials, videos, etc.) as well as gated content (eBooks, webinars, reports, etc.) that will require close collaboration and planning between Content and SEO.
- You will work closely with the Developer Relations team for content around our developer audience - docs, guides, tutorials, blog, streams, etc.
- You will work closely with the Business Development team for content around our commercial audience - blog, resources, decks, sales enablement collateral, etc.
Regular Audits: You will periodically conduct audits of existing content to ensure that best-practices are followed and there are no blind spots left that cannot be optimized or improved upon.
SEO: You should be confident in your technical and operational SEO knowledge to independently plan, create, and optimize content that aligns with our SEO strategy.
Analytics: You will take ownership of monitoring and analyzing the overall content performance to explore improving our content creation workflows.
Contributions: The GraphCMS blog and other content pages aren’t just for product news - we want you to share your expertise on relevant topics as well! We want to foster an environment that encourages all of us to build up our personal profiles as well as create valuable content (on the company site, personal domains, social media, doesn’t matter) that lead towards greater information sharing. Be prepared to share ideas on contributions from the beginning, and the rest of the marketing team will do their best to help amplify that!
Your Profile and Experience
- You are an exceptional content marketing manager with a preference for working independently and taking ownership.
- You have a good knowledge of technical SEO, long-term SEO strategies, and ideally, SEO with a Headless CMS, to better plan and optimize your content workflows.
- You understand Structured Content and are familiar with how structured data works.
- You have 4+ years of experience working in a similar role, preferably at a high-growth B2B SaaS company focused on developer tooling.
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally, as well as with a leadership team
- Strong understanding of wider digital marketing channels and how they work together.
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail with a data-informed mentality and willing to take risks.
- An expertise with common stacks including Google Marketing Platform (Analytics, Search Console, and Tag Manager specifically), aHrefs, and SEMRush, as well as knowledge of HTML, CSS, and ideally JS.
- The ability to learn quickly and keep up to date with the latest changes in the industry.
- You believe in a no-bullshit and no-ego work environment where you can speak your mind and be blunt
- Exceptional communication skills and fluency in English.
Bonus Points for
- You believe in long-term sustainable marketing and growth where the focus is equally on Acquisition as it is on LTV and Retention. We don't believe in daily talks about buzzwords like hockey-sticks, game-changers, or disruption.
- You are comfortable with creating content in markdown.
- You have worked with a Headless CMS before
- You have worked for a developer-focused company before and understand working with an API-led product.
- Terms like Jamstack, JSON, Next.js, and Vercel aren’t made-up sounds to you.
- You have some contextual understanding of wider marketing disciplines like SEO, CRM, CRO, Content, and PR.
- You have operational knowledge in marketing APIs and understand how a Headless CMS works.
- Ability to multitask and jump in to other marketing disciplines when needed.
Life at GraphCMS
Our low-ego environment and “manager of one” work style gives colleagues the freedom to create their own success in a supportive and hands-off culture. We are a young team that is growing fast with plenty of room to take on responsibility and make a big impact.
We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work asynchronously with individual responsibility and accountability.
- Our great workplace environment helps you to unfold your creativity.
- We offer competitive salaries based on experience.
- Flexible work hours and home office policy.
- Company tech to make sure you're at your best (Macbooks, monitors, docks, mice, you name it).
- An international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site.
- Enthusiastic startup culture.
- Great growth potential. A place where you can make your mark and advance your career.
It is our intention to be transparent about the process we would follow for this position (although you could expect some alterations when necessary):
- Casual intro call
- First interview with Hiring Manager
- Mini case study or assignment if applicable
- Casual conversation with our Marketing team
- [Potential] Third interview and debriefing