Senior Frontend Engineer (f/m/d) - Berlin/Remote
Hi there!! We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer, especially someone who has experience developing with React/TS. We at GraphCMS have innovative, passionate and committed people working together to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by an enthusiastic community of over 40,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide, and is a strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery and Shure.
We are focused on developer-centric product adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the user facing side are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack. At GraphCMS you will be part of a vibrant community of GraphQL enthusiasts.
Purpose of your Team and Role
As a member of the Frontend Team, you will be reporting to the team leader and together with your team you will be a key contributor in developing our main product.
What you will be working on
- Being a key contributor to our main product, developing with Typescript, React, and GraphQL and taking ownership of the full lifecycle of complex features, from technical conception to development, QA, and release.
- Contributing to our frontend infrastructure: framework architecture, testing automation, CI/CD, etc.
- Conducting refactors and migrations, in our continuous effort to scale and keep our codebase up-to-date.
- Participating in documenting and open-sourcing tools and libraries for our users and partners.
- Participating in daily syncs, code reviews, and pair programming sessions.
- Participating in our "Frontend Guild" meetings where we discuss and plan what is needed to keep our code-base and practices up-to-date and pleasant to work with.
- Participating in cross-functional open discussions around the next features or improvements during their design and planning phase.
What we expect from you
- You have 5+ years of front-end or full-stack web development experience, with at least 2 years using React and Typescript.
- You consider Frontend development as a whole, meaning that subjects like CSS mastership or accessibility considerations are also part of what makes your job challenging and interesting.
- You are capable of taking ownership and autonomy, but also asking for help and advice when needed.
- You have strong collaboration and communication skills, and foster collaboration. As a team player, you enjoy both mentoring and being mentored.
- You are pragmatic and put the bar on speed/cost/quality depending on the current context, and then adapt it over time.
- You pride yourself in both your attention to detail and your holistic vision.
- You are developing a good understanding of how to design and build big and complex systems.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding and ready to support each other.
- Our “manager of one” work style enables a work place that is run through trust and empowers people to perform their best.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self motivation is the driving factor for our teams' success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work together with individual responsibility and accountability. A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, latest IT equipments, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
GraphCMS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and different cultures enriches the productivity at our work space and also promotes innovation and creativity.