(Senior) Frontend Engineer - React / TS - (Remote or Berlin)
Joining GraphCMS means joining an innovative and passionate team working to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by over 40,000 teams worldwide delivering content to millions across the world and powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery, and Shure.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer who seeks new challenges and an opportunity to grow with the company. You should be very hands-on, but also demonstrating strong ownership and leadership potential.
What you will do:
- You will be a key contributor to our main product, developed with Typescript, React, and GraphQL, taking ownership of the full lifecycle of complex features, from technical conception to development, QA, and release.
- You will also contribute to our frontend infrastructure: framework architecture, testing automation, CI/CD, etc...
- You will conduct refactors and migrations, in our continuous effort to scale and keep our codebase up-to-date.
- You will participate in documenting and open-sourcing tools and libraries for our users and partners.
- As a member of the Frontend Team, you will also:
- Report to the team leader.
- Participate in daily syncs, code reviews, and pair programming sessions.
- Participate in our "Frontend Guild" meetings where we discuss and plan what is needed to keep our code-base and practices up-to-date and pleasant to work with.
- Participate in cross-functional open discussions around the next features or improvements during their design and planning phase.
You will be a great fit if you identify yourself in most of the following:
- You have 5+ years of front-end or full-stack web development experience, with at least 2 using React and Typescript.
- You consider Frontend development as a whole, meaning that subjects like CSS mastership or accessibility considerations are also part of what makes your job challenging and interesting.
- You are a “manager of one”, capable of ownership and autonomy, but also asking for help and advice when needed.
- You have strong collaboration and communication skills, and foster collaboration. As a team player, you enjoy both mentoring and being mentored.
- You are pragmatic and put the bar on speed/cost/quality depending on the current context, and then adapt it over time.
- You pride yourself in both your attention to detail and your holistic vision.
- You have a strong understanding of how to build components that are atomic, composable, and reusable in React and Typescript.
- You are developing a good understanding of how to design and build big and complex systems.
Nice to have:
- Experience with building complex products with many moving parts.
- Experience with building SaaS products.
- Experience with GraphQL.
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries.
- A great working environment within a friendly distributed and multi-cultural team.
- Flexible working hours. As we are in multiple time-zones, "office hours" are not a thing.
- An open company with transparent internal communication about everything.
- Help in your personal growth, access to learning materials, and visits to conferences.
- Regular company retreats and off-sites (once the pandemic gets better).
- If your application is selected, a first short screening call will be scheduled to make sure the position is understood and our mutual expectations aligned.
- The second step is the actual interview with the hiring manager. Depending on the profile and previously shared material, it may also involve a little pair programming session.
- At this point, you are on the top list. The last step is a group call with a couple of other significant collaborators on the future position to covers some additional questions you or others may have.